Power Outages – Power outages can occur for a variety of reasons including damage to power lines or overloading of electricity mains. If the power goes out unexpectedly, here are some things you need to know:
- To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, use generators, pressure washers, grills, and similiar items outdoors only.
- If the power is out longer than 2 hours, throw away food that has a temperature higher than 40 degrees F.
- Check with local authorities to be sure your water is safe.
- In hot weather, stay cool and drink plenty of fluids to prevent heat-related ilnesses.
- Avoid power lines and electric tools and appliances safely to prevent electrical shock.